Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Our Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi launched the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, a mission to clean India’s cities and villages on October 2, 2014
The campaign, inaugurated to coincide with Gandhi Jayanti, aims to realise Gandhiji’s vision of ‘Clean India’ by October 2, 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Elimination of open defecation
- Eradication of Manual Scavenging
- Modern and Scientific Municipal Solid Waste Management
- To effect behavioural change regarding healthy sanitation practices
- Generate awareness about sanitation and its linkage with public health
- Capacity Augmentation for ULB’s
- To create an enabling environment for private sector participation in Capex (capital expenditure) and Opex (operation and maintenance)
In our Institute, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan movement is adopted by Staff and Students. Weekly campus clean drives are arranged regularly and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan period is included in the class time table also.